Minor in Comparative Literature

Minor in Comparative Literature

To apply for a Minor in Comparative Literature please download and complete the form available in the Attachment box below. Please return the application to the Comparative Literature Undergraduate Advisor, in Phelps 4206C.

All courses to be applied to the minor must be completed on a letter-grade basis. At the lower-division, you need to complete 2 years of foreign languages or the equivalent; and 8 units from CLIT 30A-B-C, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, and 50A-B-C. Your upper-division requirements include CLIT100 or CLIT101 and 4 additional courses in Comparative Literature. You may take these abroad, but need to complete 12 units in residence.

The official requirement sheet of the current year can be accessed from the attachment area below.
Make sure to follow the requirements from the year you declare the minor and check with the Undergraduate Advisor about such matters.

After completing the requirements, you must see the Undergraduate Advisor and fill out a Minor Clearance Form. This is the only way your minor will be recognized by the College.


Comparative Literature Minor Requirements