Minor in Comparative Literature

To apply for a Minor in Comparative Literature please download and complete the form available in the Downloads box to the right. Please return the application to the Comparative Literature Undergraduate Advisor, in Phelps 4206.

All courses to be applied to the minor must be completed on a letter-grade basis. At the lower-division, you need to complete 2 years of foreign languages or the equivalent; and 8 units from CLIT 30A-B-C, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, and 36. Your upper-division requirements include CLIT100 and 4 additional courses in Comparative Literature. You may take these abroad, but need to complete 12 units in residence.

The official requirement sheet can be accessed from the download area to the right. Or click here.
Make sure to follow the requirements from the year you declare the minor. L&S Major and Minor Sheets

After completing the requirements, you must see the Undergraduate Advisor and fill out a Minor Clearance Form. This is the only way your minor will be recognized by the College.